Welcome September!
Oh what a nice thing to turn the calendar on this month of August 2009. Goodbye. Don't come back, okay?First of all, Mark's dad is doing much better. He is awake, alert, talking and joking. He will be transferred to rehab at the end of the week and then begins more intense recovery so he can finally go home. Mark is home tonight and so glad he got to see his dad back to his more or less normal self, especially today.
Last week, I made a list of 11 things that were stressing me out, Tim being at the top. Almost all of these stresses have been reduced or taken away. So grateful for that.
One big stress was finding a OB or midwife that would deliver the baby VBAC. I have had one c-section and 3 VBACs and my current practice changed it's policy and decided not to deliver VBACs at all. I am going back to a midwife practice that delivers at a different hospital that has great VBAC precautions in place and excellent doctors to back them up. So I feel relieved to have this decision made that to feel so comfortable and supported. 5 months to go!
August started off well with a great family reunion. Then we had a birthday party for Caroline and all her cousins at This Is the Place. At the end of the party, I fell off a horse drawn wagon when the horses took off running after they got spooked. Luckily, I was the only one hurt. We spent the afternoon in the ER, my biggest concern being the baby. But we heard a heartbeat then and besides being bruised (HUGE contusion on my thigh and hip) and beat up, I was fine. That was on August 4.
Mark and I did have a great trip to San Francisco in the middle of that, though.
We came home to some horrible hot and humid weather. MISERY. Some of the kids had a virus. We didn't do much. Then, I got sick with a sinus/respiratory infection last week and needed antibiotics (reminding us of the tonsillitis days of last winter! ARGH!) Again, not doing much. Then Tim's stroke happened and boom, let's just say things are definitely looking up for September.
We've got some things planned for Labor Day weekend. We've got a baptism coming up! We've got my mom and sister coming for the baptism. We've got Wicked tickets! We've got the ultrasound! And the first day of school! And a Relief Society overnight retreat. And great weather. Lots to look forward to.

5 Comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry about your fall and bruise and sickness last week.
I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!
And I have been meaning to touch base with you about the baptism. Please let me know what you need help with!
Welcome, September!
Amen about August...good riddens! Happy to see September, too! Thanks for letting Mark be out here. It really took up the slack for the rest of us.
Hi Nice Kath! I'm so glad things are looking up. I LOVE Sept. and Fall. Boy, you've been through a lot of stress lately. I was so concerned for Mark's dad. I'm so relieved that things are going better there. You have so many good things to look forward to now. Love keeping in touch. :)
so glad to hear your FIL is doing much better. and congrats on the pregnancy! this is the first i knew about it so hooray for another wonderful baby coming to wonderful parents!
Congrats on the new baby! That's exciting.
Post a Comment
<< Home