Thursday, April 15, 2010

My big fat torn meniscus

So, next week is Knee Surgery Week! Who knew? The big day is Thursday (possibly Wednesday). But at least by a week from Monday I may be able to walk normally again?! We need less drama and more sleep around these parts!

Who is ready to recount with me my various ailments over the past 18 months? Who's ready for a trip down memory lane?

April 2010--Surgery to correct torn meniscus
April 2010--Knee Injury
March 2010--Power outage (that affected my MENTAL health)
January 2010--Birth of Thomas (which was actually a beautiful experience)
October 2009--PT for torn hamstring
September 2009--Antibiotics for nasty sinus infection
August 2009-ER visit for the time when I fell off the wagon at the pioneer park
April 2009--Pregnant!
February 2009--Tonsillectomy
Nov. 08-Feb. 09--4 nasty bouts of strep and tonsillitis leading up to the tonsillectomy
October 2008--Miscarriage.

That's 3 surgical proceedures in 18 months, plus countless other doctor visits.

Oh by the way, I hurt my knee going down the stairs on April 4. Heard a big pop. That's it. No great story. But the MRI showed a huge torn meniscus. So there you go.

3 Comments:

At 4/15/2010 6:55 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I am so sorry to see Kathryn's series of unfortunate events. Someday you will laugh about all of this...well, hopefully. You are in my prayers. Good thing for health insurance, right?

 
At 4/20/2010 4:36 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Oh wow! I hope everything goes well---and maybe then you can get a break for at least a few years. :)

 
At 4/23/2010 9:39 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Oh girl, I had no idea. I am behind reading my blogs! So, so sorry Kathryn. Wish I were there to feed you or tend the kids. What I can do is pray for you, and I will! Love you friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home