Random thoughts on a snow day
Olympic thoughts:
I did watch a fair amount of ice dancing. It was easy to get behind Virtue and Moir. First, they were classy. Their costumes were very tasteful and elegant. Second, I liked Scott's hair short. All the ice dancing men have crazy hair! They were really good at what they did and I am glad they won.
I was interested to read that Julia Mancuso made a comment in the press about how Lindsey Vonn gets all the attention. This could sound like sore loser mentality or always the bridesmaid mentality...It's true, Julia and I am glad you spoke up for yourself. Lindsey also wears too much makeup! I like Julia's little tiara.
I was not even annoyed (rare) with the ice skating commentary after Joannie's performance. (she placed third in short program)
"What a gift she gave us" was the quote I remembered. She just skated her heart out after her own heartbreak. Very commendable.
Preschool thoughts:
Sam brought home Peter Rabbit from his preschool class. Our instructions are to care for Peter and write a journal about what we did with Peter. Poor Peter...how can we write in his journal that he and Sammy watch TV and watch mommy nurse? Because that's a lot of what goes on here. Caroline came to the rescue though and built Peter a fort. Peter Rabbit journaling is a cute project, but I am feeling a little pressure to make it great, include pictures, etc. Why do we do this to ourselves? My first sentence was Sammy and Mommy taught Peter all about taking care of new babies. That sounds exciting, right? I hope Peter doesn't have a snow day tomorrow. I am ready to send him back!
Other thoughts:
Things I am enjoying: Lost, trail mix, the Happiness Project, tall slippers, slowing down.
Things I am excited about: going back to the gym, visiting with my mom and sister this week
Things I am frustrated about: costco photo center website..uugh
Cute thought:
Matthew's homework was to tell us about the best part of his 100 day celebration yesterday. So I asked him about it and he said his favorite part was that I came to his class for the party. It doesn't take much to please these little ones, does it?

2 Comments:
Costco photo center website is awful. I continually struggle with it!
Go Peter...our preschool only sends a paper dolphin on a string!
Excited to see Thomas!
I loved reading this Kath. :) Both my kids had a bunny named Babbit that came home with them for a weekend. I know what you mean about feeling the pressure to entertain that bunny and then make it look cute in the journal. I think your Peter Rabbit is probably having a great time learning about taking care of a new baby. :) I have to say, our rabbit kind of grossed me out when I thought of how many kids had "taken care" of him. Years worth of kid stuff on him. Am I rude?
I miss snow days---although I'm sure you're probably sick of them. I would take a few from you if I could.
Love keeping in touch. Thomas is beautiful! So happy for you guys.:)
Post a Comment
<< Home