Getting there...
We are getting there.It took me an hour to put the infant carseat together. I had washed the cover, then adjusted the straps, and inserted a bundle me. This isn't even yet installing it in the car.
I did my pre-admission paperwork for the hospital and made insurance calls.
Over the weekend, we did the test run to the new hospital in Sleepy Hollow. Mark was most interested in the logistics of getting there. I was most interested in seeing the labor rooms. Cool view of the Hudson from the hospital rooms. Very nice nurses. Good decision.
Tonight I have a call with the doula to go over all the details. I can't tell you how relieved I am to have her on our team. Last night and today I spent reading my Bradley method book and then my special VBAC binder I have compiled so I am familiar with everything again.
I ordered a changing table. This is my first changing table. I am excited. It should come Thursday.
I ordered matching quilts for the little boys.
This week I hope to get the bassinet down from the attic and all the bedding washed and set up. I also want to pack a bag for the hospital.
I have planned some fun things in the next couple of weeks to look forward to. This is critical to do. Wed. I am thinking pedicure while Sam is at preschool. It's important to have cute toes when you are pushing a baby out.
I am trying to remember that it's easier to take care of 4 kids than 5. I am still going to the gym, taking naps and spending time with my kids.
I am trying to help Mark remain relaxed about the baby (cuz his part is really hard!) and focused on work.
What do you do to get ready for a baby? Am I missing anything?

5 Comments:
sleep! go somewhere alone just to be alone. i'm with you on the pedicure! best wishes for a safe delivery kathryn.
I do the pedicure too, always want baby to see nice toes. I am world's craziest nester, though. I clean the whole house top to bottom -- and I mean that too. Light fixtures, bathroom sink knobs (inside) -- I'm freakish. Drives Daniel nuts, but hey, when I bring home that new bundle the house shines like the top of the Chrysler building.
I'm wishing for your easiest delivery yet!
Kisses...
I was going to say sleep, but someone beat me to it. So, gather a bunch of good books to read while you're nursing. Good luck with everything.
What a fun stage. Enjoy this time and those first moments with the baby, Doorknob. That was too funny. I'll be anxious to hear his name.
What a wonderful time for you and your family. I can't wait to see your new little boy. I'm so happy for you.:)
Post a Comment
<< Home