Found treasures/Decisions
So, last week I was surprised when I happened upon found chocolate! This is almost as good as found money. Chocolate that I had stashed somewhere, forgot about and then found! I think after you've had knee surgery you are entitled to your found chocolate (husband's Easter candy) right? I also found a cadbury bar I had bought with the intention of giving to a woman in our ward who is in a rest home, but I can always go back to the store, right?Today, I had found pepsi one! Putting away some items from Costco, I found the pepsi one leftover from Grandma and Grandpa's visit! Heaven! (explains why at 10:30 p.m. I found energy to blog and to clean one bathroom!)
In separate news, the baby has outgrown the bassinette. He's so big now! This is forcing a whole chain reaction. Two options in the play and pack department:
Can I just deal with our 90s style hand me down play and pack (orange, green and blue--bright.)?
Or find the money in the budget for a new one, which I can get I think about $70. (just simple--no bells and whistles)
Either one we would use by our bed for 2 months until we go on vacation. Afterwards, we'd just have it as a play yard for downstairs. Which could come in handy if I ever want to put him down in a contained spot when he's mobile. Not a total waste if I go new.
The other option is to put up the crib in our room (crowded). Or put up the crib in his intended room (which is full of 2 other brothers).
To move the 2 other brothers into their new room (which is currently an upstairs playroom and office), we need to do a few things:
1) clean out playroom closet
2) find and purchase shades for the skylights (preferably black out ones)
3) move computer and desk downstairs to family room
4) rearrange family room to accomodate computer and desk
5) move white cabinet into wasted space in powder bathroom (which we will do soon anyways to house all sports equipment so we are not always yelling as we leave out the house for shinguards, soccer balls, baseball cleats, mitts, hats, etc. etc.)
6) make boys' room into a nursery (fun job!)
7) fix our room up without all the baby stuff in it and move small couch in boys intended room into our room.
Then when you are cleaning out stuff, you have other options
1) try and give away stuff
2) try and sell stuff
3) just get rid of stuff in the trash
I have no energy for #2 (ebay, craig's list or tag sales hold no interest for me).
So I wish I felt better in the knee department to tackle all of this right now. But it's going to be a bit longer before that happens. So, we may just do the play and pack option for 8 weeks and make all the changes when we get home in August. We'll want projects then. Maybe we will just try and declutter for the next bit so it will make it easier to move everyone in August. Oh and Mark wants to paint.

3 Comments:
Sounds so fun! It will be worth it when it's complete for it feels so good to dejunk and rearrange. Wish I could be there to help! Hope the knee heals soon...if it makes you feel any better, I don't have a hurt knee but miserably failed at my first morning of jogging with my oldest daughter. She made fun of me but at least I tried. Right? Love you!
Yes, do the pack and play now and wait til you get home. The last two months of school are nuts, remember?;) Good luck with it all! I can picture the rooms as they are now in my head, and can't wait to see pics of the changes in the future.
Yes, do your Pack and Play. Your Mother's Day surprise is coming. No more to be said about that. It's so fun to rearrange!
Post a Comment
<< Home