Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mile Run

Today was the mile run. Caroline was very upset about doing it. I promised her that I would run a mile and then she could see if she could beat my time.

I got to the gym 20 minutes early for the 6 a.m class and headed onto the treadmill. Confession: I did walk the first 3 minutes for a warm up, but then I didn't stop for 14 minutes until the screen flash 1:00. So my time was 17:13. I did it. I felt great afterwards then got beat up in total body conditioning. No it was good too. (I do really detest running...and will do anything to avoid it so after today I think it's all mental.)

Josh reported that his mile was 7:51 and Caroline was 12:30 so everyone was happy with their times. Speaking of times, I am hoping for early bed time. We are exhausted from all our running!

4 Comments:

At 5/12/2009 4:01 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Way to go! I think that was a great way to motivate the kids and you. The hardest part about running is starting to run, but after you get used to it you like it more and more.
Good job!!!

 
At 5/12/2009 4:28 PM, Blogger becca said...

Our kids had their mile run yesterday. They were happy to complete it. I, however, am not such a supportive Mom. I'll walk 3 miles each morning, but I can't run. Congrats.

 
At 5/16/2009 2:36 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

That's so great! Good for you. I agree with Susie. I always hated running too, but it was because the first part of it is awful. But then after a while you get into the groove and it is so bad. Yea for Josh and Caro too.

 
At 5/16/2009 2:37 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

I meant "isn't" so bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home