Lower East Side Tenement Museum
This is me in front of 97 Orchard Street, the tenement we toured on Monday.
I had been wanting to visit this museum for--no kidding--10 years. It was well worth the wait. Susie and I drove down and parked in the "free with museum ticket" validation lot. If you go, order your tickets online at least 24 hours before. We took the 12 p.m. Getting By Tour where we visited 2 apartments from 2 different time periods (1873 and 1936). Our tour guide Raj did an excellent job of painting a picture of the conditions at the time. Fascinating. Can't wait to go back with the family. It will not be 10 years before we go back.

2 Comments:
I didn't know anything like this even existed. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see this. That is so up my alley. :)
It was an awesome tour, one of my favorites, for sure! Thanks for coming with me!
Post a Comment
<< Home