A hearty recommendation
Stop what you are doing. Get thee to the bookstore or the library or library website to buy/check out/or put on reserve "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.Then, sit down and prepared to be thoroughly entertained. Ignore the children and the housework. Get a box of tissues. You'll need them in part 2. Make sure there's something for them (you know, your family) to eat so they can fend for themselves because you won't want to be disturbed. Then be sad when you've read it and it's over and you won't come across another book that's so charming and endearing for a long time.
I am serious. This is a great book. Let me know how you liked it when you are done. You can thank me then too.

5 Comments:
i recently finished this one and thought it was so lovely. i had no idea guernsey even existed, all the history was really interesting and the characters were so great. definitely a book that makes you happy.
What an interesting title! Thanks for the recommendation!
I'm loving it too. Chrissie, Dianne gave it to me for my birthday so you can read it after I'm finished. Like Kathryn, I am totally enthralled by it. I'm reading it slowly to savor it so I haven't finished it yet.
Oh thank you! I need a good book. Sorry you have had such a crazy past few months. It seems I never get to see you anymore. Wish I could do more to help!
I read this a few months ago and you are right: it's fantastic. In fact I was just thinking that I need to read it again.
Post a Comment
<< Home