Friday, February 06, 2009

My dilema

I am waiting for Susie to get to NY. She's on the China bus which broke down outside of Baltimore and is now 2 hours behind schedule. Don't read this mom, but that means her train will get in at the earliest 1 a.m. The Bishop (for those who don't know, Mark is now the bishop) is exhausted so he's out for the night, all cuddled up with the croupy baby boy who is in our bed.

I don't quite know what to do with myself. I did some checking out at facebook, looked at some blogs and now I've reached the critical juncture. The DVR messed up my Thurs. shows, so I am retaping tomorrow night. Do I go to bed for an hour or so, or just stay awake. I don't want to miss her phone call.

This week of course has had it's ups and downs. It's just a stinky time of year. I always pictured myself dreading January more than February but February is not showing it's best self to me.

It's getting close to the anniversary of the death of my father...15 years. We had Matthew's birthday this week--I threw myself into birthday preparations and that's helped in a way. He's had the best 5 year old celebration and was super cute about it all. Did I mention that we planned Matthew to be a Feb. birthday because I wanted something to celebrate in February?

Mark is super busy at work and will be busy with the Toy Fair until the 19th or so. Plus we have winter vacation on the horizon. I am looking forward to not having a schedule--but also feeling the pressure to make it wonderful and memorable as well. Plus our school district tacked on an extra day so the fun begins this Friday.

I also met with the school librarian to get started on my next school project. Short lived--over by March 5th, but still will be a little busy until then. Maybe I need a good project (that doesn't involve organizing my house or photos or closets, etc.)

Look at me rambling here in the middle of the night. My contact fell out so that led to washing my face and brushing my teeth...maybe I will go take a little nap, though in my clothes.

4 Comments:

At 2/06/2009 10:23 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Kat, I loved reading this. It was like talking to you.:) It may seem strange, but I think about your dad quite often. I remember very clearly when he passed away(it broke my heart). I felt like I had known him through knowing you. So I guess I'm just saying this so that you know someone is thinking about you. I'm so glad that your sister is coming. You're such a nice mom to try to make school breaks memorable.

 
At 2/07/2009 9:03 PM, Blogger luvmymunchkins said...

I love rambling. I get to know you better. That is quite a dilemma, both for you and Susie. I hope you both get some good rest tonight, even if it is a short night.

 
At 2/08/2009 7:27 PM, Blogger Baerman said...

I sure love you Kathryn. I've been thinking of Dad a lot lately and fortunately (or un) the anniversary falls on a very busy day for me. I like having time to mourn, which I might do as I drive home in quite on Wednesday night at 10 pm. Plus I was just listening to that Janice Kapp Perry song "It Would be so Easy for Him" and that always makes me think of Dad. Ugh... But because of the Plan, we have more to celebrate than mourn. Thanks for rambling...Love you.

 
At 2/10/2009 1:30 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Well thanks for everything this weekend. It was definitely fun to hang out with you guys. The china bus ordeal was worth it so that I could spend a few short days in your presence! You're the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home