Sunday, January 18, 2009

And I'd like to thank...

In this awards season, I wish I could give out some statuettes to some people who just make life easier for me in the way they do their job. Here's a list...

1) Geri--she's the crossing guard. She always greets us with a smile and a wave, whether we are in the car or walking. She's one of my favorite people to see every day.

2) Zelda--This lady cracks me up. For Caroline's b-day, we went to the AG Place. She introduced herself as a personal shopper, and offered us her free services (and speedy checkout in a comfortable back room.) We are on her email list so she sends us updates when new items come into the store. I was sure happy to see her when we were in the City right after Christmas-- we avoided a LONG line by seeking her out.

3) Maxine--our neighbor's nanny. She told me that my jeans looked nice on me. That comment made me smile all that day.

4) Ms. Caroline and Mr. Abraham--Matthew's bus monitor and driver. Always thrilled to see them. They transport him to school and bring him home safely every day. I think she even healed me when I had strep in November. That's a story for a different day.

5) Jose and Avigar--my peeps at Lenscrafters. They've patched up Josh's glasses several times, and replaced many nosepads on mine.

6) Various gym instructors--notably Donna and Kathy. They are very inspiring to me!

I'm sure there are others I am forgetting. The orchestra is starting to play...must be escorted off stage now!

3 Comments:

At 1/18/2009 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So fun. I think we sometimes forget all of the people who do make our lives easier or more enjoyable. Kudos to you for remembering them.

 
At 1/18/2009 8:57 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

So cute. That is something I need to think about more often. Can't wait to hear about the healing story!

 
At 1/19/2009 10:21 AM, Blogger Katherine said...

Love this idea. Nice Maxine. I'm really looking forward to hearing about Ms. Caroline.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home