Thursday, December 11, 2008

The machine broke down...

It happened again. Several of you already know this. Back in bed with what I believe is strep throat (can't get my test results yet, missed my Drs. call last night and haven't heard from her yet today) for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday--mindlessly functioning through Wednesday and Thursday. The ENT confirmed severe tonsillitis. Aaaah! I just want a nap today!. It's so rainy and cold and miserable. But Mark was wonderful and helped me pull through. Only 2 more infections like this then I can have my tonsils removed.

Today has been a good day for playdates. The ideal playdate for me makes my job easier--It's easier to have that child here than to not have that child here.

Alex from preschool entertained both Matthew and Samuel for a full 2 hours earlier this afternoon. Only a couple of interventions needed. I would have cancelled this due to the above mentioned illness, but we had scheduled it nearly a week and a half earlier. So it went on. Unsha the Hungarian nanny came to get him not long ago.

Caroline's friend Alissa is here now. Yeah! Easy easy.

At 2 p.m. I told my mom it was too many hours until bedtime. Okay, time to pull it together. And change Sammy's pants from frolicking in the puddles!

4 Comments:

At 12/11/2008 3:40 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

So sorry you're so sick again! It must really be bad if you're looking forward to getting your tonsils removed. :)

 
At 12/11/2008 9:56 PM, Blogger Michele said...

I am so sorry to hear about your "machine". Maybe you can trade it in for a new one. Ahh, wouldn't that be nice some days? But I rather like the one you have so hopefully it will be repaired shortly.

 
At 12/15/2008 9:40 PM, Blogger Carma said...

Oh you poor thing. I had tonsilitis once and thought I would die. I wish I lived closer and could come help you. :(

 
At 12/17/2008 8:38 PM, Blogger liz said...

ugh. feel better quick!!!

i love the "Unsha the Hungarian nanny came to get him not long ago." like it's a totally a normal thing to have a nanny from hungaria plugged into the conversation out of nowhere. you crack me up.

although it's easy for me to forget how common it is there for people to have nannies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home