I won't be sad...
...when Friday has come and gone. It's our school's Halloween Party. And it's a great party. But I will be glad when it's over.I have been involved in our school district's PTA since Josh was in kindergarten. I knew I wanted to get involved, but wasn't sure how...then my neighbor invited me to be a co-chair of a committee with her. She moved four months later. For four years, I was on Executive Board, which meant I went to monthly meetings as well as did my responsibility. I had a lot of good experiences, and my favorite part was getting to know so many parents, teachers and administrators in our school community.
This year, after my 2 years as a corresponding secretary was over, I decided I wanted to be off Executive Board. Mostly since Tuesday nights are my favorite class at the gym and I really hate missing it for PTA meetings. So I volunteered to be on the elementary school's committee, which plans the Halloween Party and Field Day. Two events, lots of committee members, couldn't be so bad?
Then I volunteered to be the ticket lady for the Halloween Party because I'd rather have a job I can do at home than schlep all over town looking for Halloween supplies. This hasn't been too bad, a little time consuming, lots of phone calls, lots of busywork. This morning I told Sam (since he was the only one home) that if the next phone call was about the Halloween Party I was going to go crazy. It was.
So, don't let this discourage you. It's great to be involved and know who's who. I will just be glad when Friday's over.

1 Comments:
DITTO!
Post a Comment
<< Home