Thursday, October 16, 2008

20th HS reunion

This is coming up this summer.

I wasn't sure how I felt about it until this summer when we went to Mark's 20th reunion. Then I got excited. He had a great time at the "grads only" night and then for the couples night I accompanied him and we had a really nice time. It was fun to meet his friends, fellow yearbook staffers, and everyone was so friendly and nice. I even ran into several people I knew independently of him.

My graduating class is small, and I can say that I am maybe in touch with less than 5 or 6 people on a regular basis. I did create a facebook profile this week to help me locate some friends and I was thrilled to get in touch with some Piedmont grads as well as other friends from various phases of my life (BYU, mission, DC, home, etc.) I had great HS memories flood back as we listened to the Music Man soundtrack on the way home from Mass. on Saturday. It was our senior musical, I had a small speaking part, and had a great time with my friends (and sister) who were in the show.

So, I am anxious to find out when the reunion will be...what kind of format it will have. I hope it works out that we can leave the kids in Utah with the grandmas and Baer aunties as part of our summer vacation...and Mark and I will have a fun weekend away in San Francisco. Hopefully the Giants will be in town too and I can show Mark that beautiful stadium. We will also walk across the GG Bridge and go to some other favorite Bay Area landmarks, and visit the Oakland Temple where we we married, and of course go to the reunion.

1 Comments:

At 10/16/2008 7:39 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

What a great time to look forward to. I just had my 20th reunion in July, but didn't make it to it. I was really wanting to see how everyone was doing. Thanks to the computer(people posted pics of the reunion)and facebook, I've been able to see a lot of people I was wondering about. Are you shocked that it's been 20 years?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home