Friday, September 12, 2008

Go make a panini!

I had been wanting a panini press for a year. Because when we stay at Peggy's house, I have a panini a day practically. I finally caved and bought one. Poor Mark has been wanting a soft egg cooker for some thime. Instead, the choice for "small kitchen electric appliance of the month" was the panini press.

Today we had 2 different paninis to choose from. For the veggie option we had mozzerella, tomato and basil. The other option was chicken, pesto, spinach, roasted red peppers and provolone. Both were brushed with rosemary-infused olive oil. They were so melty and so yummy. And guess what, I can have another one tomorrow!

4 Comments:

At 9/13/2008 11:16 AM, Blogger Mark said...

Soft boiled eggs taste better....sad Marky.

Actually, Kathryn is at Bed Bath & Beyond or one of those "ampersand" stores with a catch-all ending (Beyond, Things, etc.) getting me my egg cooker even as I type. Soft-boiled eggs on Eggos....here I come!

As my siblings know, that's an egg that is considered "sam styred"

 
At 9/13/2008 3:40 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I totally agree with you....panninis are AWESOME! I turned my george foreman grill into one. We just had one for lunch....sorry, Mark. Soft boiled egg machines are so 70's.

 
At 9/13/2008 5:06 PM, Blogger Erin said...

egg cooker? isn't that called a saucepan? k, you're making me want a pannini maker!

 
At 9/19/2008 5:22 AM, Blogger Tania said...

They were SO yummy Kathryn. I've been thinking about getting my own pannini maker for days now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home