Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Samalicious

Today Matthew called Sammy Samalicious several times in the car. It was so cute that he's come up with his own little nickname for him (Maybe Mark inspired it, I don't know...)

Samalicious is driving me a little crazy though. We've pulled out some space legos which will entertain Matthew and Caroline for a long time, and Sam loves them, but he gets frustrated, because frankly space legos are not made for 2 year olds. So I am hiding them. For a long time. He cries and cries over them and I can't take it any more!

He's afraid of the pool. He eats all his meals on my lap. His feet smell from his sandals. Today I told someone, why can't he just be 4?

But then we'd miss the 2 year old stuff like new words every day. My favorite is okay. And sweet toddler hugs, and digging in the dirt, and wanting to be carried. And trying any kind of food. And getting super excited over things like bubbles and sidewalk chalk. And happily accompanying me anywhere.

Tomorrow we'll pull out some more age appropriate toys and see what happens.

5 Comments:

At 6/17/2008 8:05 PM, Blogger Tania said...

Everyone should SO start calling him Samalicious!

 
At 6/17/2008 9:23 PM, Blogger luvmymunchkins said...

I could see Samalicious as a name you would come up with. I sure identify with the sentiments about him, we love our 2 year olds even as they drive us nuts.

 
At 6/18/2008 5:06 AM, Blogger Mumsy said...

He is totally Samalicious! What a great nickname.

(I feel your pain...except it's my 3 1/2 year old that's driving me crazy for some of the same reasons!!!)

 
At 6/20/2008 9:48 AM, Blogger Michele said...

We're right there with you on the smelly foot thing. How do those cute feet smell so badly?

 
At 6/25/2008 7:11 PM, Blogger Lizzy said...

i love two. abel is full of all kinds of energy, trying my patience and making me laugh at the same time. today he decided he was too small for walking

 

Post a Comment

<< Home