My feelings about projects
The last couple of weeks, I have been interested in organizing our family's history, keepsakes, etc. For instance, I have various papers and programs from recitals, graduations, etc. that I want to arrange in some kind of fashion. I am not interested in scrapbooking them, and I did come up with a system for them.I have been working on setting up a workspace in our basement to do this. Mark commented that I often had more fun setting up for a project than actually doing the project. And he's right. I am set up now, but not actually doing anything with my workspace! (Maybe I need an office and a workspace, like Jan!)
I also had something looming over my head. Matthew's teacher sent us a poster home to decorate about the child and their family, favorites, etc. So I did that this week and that kind of consumed me. I spent about 3 hours on it, plus took it to get laminated yesterday. Why do I do this to myself???? It was fun doing it and Matthew loves it and we will get it back and keep it forever, but I couldn't get it to be this quick thing. Plus we were supposed to let them help and I did nothing to let him help!
Side note on lamination: Not that I laminate much, but when I do, I always expect that it will be a quick thing, and it never is. I spent 1/2 hour there getting it done! In the future, I will remember that laminating takes a while and to just be happy if it's quick.
So here I am posting about it when I should get myself down there and get to work. Okay, iPod in hand, I am headed down there...right now!

1 Comments:
i feel the same way about the doing part. i think it's cos i don't have a ltitle creative nook of my own to list various project thoughts/ steps etc. then i could stop and start at different times and zane won't destroy what I am halfway done with. i hear ya sister!
Post a Comment
<< Home