Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jamaican attitude

I've managed to hang onto that relaxed feeling from the cruise, which is pretty good for 3 days back home. (although last night while feeding the children dinner on my own (like I do every weekday night), Mark called and I said, let's go to the dining room, this is too hard!)

Our tour guide in Jamaica got us talking the local talk--"ya mon, no mon" and "no problem." I even got a "Jamaica--No problem" t-shirt after I got soaked after swimming in a waterfall. But I was like, hey, when else will I swim in a waterfall ever, so why not. See, no problem!

Don't want to practice piano--no problem!
Dishes in the sink--no problem!
Must play trains right this second--no problem!
Piles of laundry--no problem!

Really, putting no problem at the end of anything you are stewing about really makes a huge difference.

We also stopped in Cozumel and Grand Cayman and the Bahamas. I learned no local vernacular there, just learned that there are lots of beautiful beaches.

4 Comments:

At 3/19/2008 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! I will definitely start to incorporate that. My kids will be thrilled!

 
At 3/19/2008 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was from me by the way!

 
At 3/19/2008 10:25 PM, Blogger liz said...

this post made me smile. i am going to use this tomorrow when i think about laundry

 
At 3/20/2008 6:53 PM, Blogger Jen I said...

Too funny - you're just like Michael from the office after the episode where he and Jan go to Jamaica! (If you don't watch the office, sorry as this will mean nothing to you).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home