Stuff about the kids
Matthew can no longer tolerate having wet hair, so he asks me to blow dry it after his bath, which is actually quite relaxing and soothing for both of us.Caroline (who should really be having her hair blown-dry since she prefers it straight--we battle the wave in it) does not like to have her hair blown dry. She also makes bathing an event. She's like the spa-bather...it's not quick, 20 minutes at least, temperature on the cool side. Oh well, she's the only girl. Go ahead, Caro, indulge!
Samuel has taken to the underwear over the diaper look. He's in love with all things Thomas including Matty's Thomas underwear. Yesterday after returning from the gym, Mark said, don't laugh, but Sam is only wearing a diaper with 3 pairs of Thomas underwear over it. Well, I am glad some little boy in this house wants to wear underwear.
Sam gets his stitches out tomorrow morning. He's been so good at not touching his injury. I am a little intimidated about going to the plastic surgeon's office. Will they be thinking, "Tuck here, lift there...."
Josh is thinking he's the third parent in this family. It's good and bad, but does drive me a little batty sometimes. I know that first children can be terribly bossy. The younger kids are mostly patient. Don't tell the dentist, but he's getting 13 mini candy bars for passing off his articles of faith--he did the last ones today!
Mark worked late one night so we had a movie night. We agreed on the Game Plan (I know, that one with the Rock) and actually quite liked it. (I love on-demand, same price as Blockbuster but no returns!) The football was appealing for Josh, the ballerina daughter was appealing for Caroline, and it entertained me too.
In non-kids news, Mark and I are really enjoying Lost this season. Can't wait until Thurs! What a perfect valentine : )

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home