Monday, February 04, 2008

all set for super

Well, it's just going to be a Super Week!

After our whole week of illness, (and now everyone is better), I'm grateful for good health and ready to move on.
(I did write this earlier today and since writing, I took Sam to the ER for stitches in his chin as he fell off a kitchen chair and split his chin open). But still feeling the rest of it, so I decided to post.

Last night's Superbowl was the first super event of the week. We loved it! We love the Giants. We weren't really into the Giants (being super Yankees fans) until the game against Green Bay...but now we are and we love our QB, Eli! And that catch! You know the one that lead to the second touchdown. Amazing.

It's a super day today since it's all about getting back to normal. And it's a day I feel like celebrating Mardi Gras. As a former Louisiana Baton Rouge missionary, early Feb. means lots of good cooking, parades and king cake. Well, actually, good cooking all the time. If we weren't having cake tomorrow (see below), I'd order our family a king cake from Gambino's. But my chicken and sausage jambalya is in the crock pot, so we are good to go.

And it's Super Tuesday around here because not only do we get to vote but it's our super boy, Matthew's birthday, who we just adore. He's going to be 4 and we are looking forward to a good day with a mid-day birthday party with his school and church friends and a family party in the evening.

Hope your week is super too!

3 Comments:

At 2/04/2008 6:03 PM, Blogger Erin said...

i want your chicken and jambalaya recipe. glad sammy is ok.

 
At 2/04/2008 7:03 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Glad you are still feeling like it will be a super week. Can't believe after I saw you this morning you still had an ER visit in store for you. SO SORRY! Hope Sam is feeling okay tonight, and have a WONDERFUL, SUPER week!!

 
At 2/04/2008 9:19 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Happy Birthday, Matthew!!! We hope you and your colorful green sea turtle have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home