Friday, January 04, 2008

Cures

For Christmas, Caroline received the book Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle from her grandma. We have really enjoyed reading it together in the eveings. For those who have not read it, Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle has all the answers. She helps the neighborhood parents solve problems such as "The won't-pick-up-toys cure" and "the answer-backer cure." I sometimes wish I could call Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, but luckily I have been able to come up with a cure or 2 of my own.

Caroline won't eat dinner cure: "Caroline, you know that there are poor children all over the world that would love to have a meal like this for dinner. Some of those children tonight will be getting their dinner out of a garbage, they are that hungry."

Josh wants a Joe-Torre baseball card-itis: Josh had extreme jealousy that his 2 best buds both got the Topps Factory Set for Christmas and was convinced that getting that large and expensive set was the only way to acquire Joe Torre. No one wanted to trade. I pledged to myself that I would not buy any more 2007 baseball cards. Luckily the local card shop had this one particular card for $1.50. We all took a trip there after school and he got it with his own money. Problema solved.

Sam thinks watching Thomas is part of his nap and bedtime routine-itis: Ah the beauty of deceiving a 20 month old. Sure we can watch Thomas. I will fast forward it until it has about 10 minutes left. During that 10 minutes, I will read my scriptures while I sit with you on the couch, since you won't watch it by yourself. Lovingly put baby in his bed and wish him sweet dreams. Close door and run!

No one wants to go to bed cure: Pull out Mrs. Piggle Wiggle and read the next chapter. Everyone settled down. Matthew even fell asleep for the night on the hardwood floor in the playroom where we were reading. (He is known for randomly crashing a different places in the house.)

Thanks Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle. Can't wait to read more!

5 Comments:

At 1/04/2008 11:03 AM, Blogger Mumsy said...

Sam and Fritz need to get together for a Thomas watching party. We can't make it through breakfast (at 6 AM) without Thomas and his "peep-peep".

 
At 1/06/2008 6:32 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Thank you for the Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle reminder. I haven't seen that for years, and I think Madison would love reading those with me! Love all your cures, by the way. :)

 
At 1/06/2008 7:14 PM, Blogger john said...

What's the cure for your four year old still being scared to use the potty to go #2?

 
At 1/07/2008 7:09 AM, Blogger Jenn S. said...

Such a cute post! We will have to check out that book. Sadly, Savannah isn't motivated to eat by the fact that other children are starving - sigh, when does the sympathy gene set in?

 
At 1/14/2008 2:13 PM, Blogger mae said...

Just got my used copy of Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle from Amazon. Can't wait to read it with Em. Thanks for the recommendation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home