Comings and Goings
We just found out a dear family in our school is moving back to Australia! I am so depressed about this. Our kids were the same ages. The mom, Jenny, is someone I always enjoyed hanging out with at school events. I felt Jenny also was genuinely interested in my kids and kept a special eye out for them say if she were chaperoning a field trip or supervising them at dance recital rehearsal.It also just reminds me how transient this area can be!! And as we get ready to send out Christmas cards this year, how I don't want Jenny and her family just to be a name on our Christmas card list. After all we shared! The birthday parties! Preschool programs! The playdates! Watching our girls on the soccer field! The "kindergarten romance" between my son and her daughter!
But usually when people move on from here--New York--it's for really good things. Things like a great job opportunity, to be closer to family, a better home or apartment, more reasonable hours and commute, laundry in their own home and all of the above. So I always wish the friends that have leave lots of good luck and much happiness because their life will be better/easier in their next place. It takes the sting away a bit too. And also it's good to remember they made my life better/easier when they were here because they were a friend.
Sometimes I feel like we'll be the last ones standing and it's okay. We love it here. But please, don't anyone else move, not until 2008 at least.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home