In No Particular Order
Sometimes if you haven't posted for say a week and a half, you feel a little pressured maybe to post something fabulous. With nothing fabulous "really on my mind," here are a very few points:1) We had a great time at our Ward Halloween Party tonight. I was grateful when I woke up today and thought, "I am so glad I am not in charge of the party tonight." My darling friend Lindsey was. She and her committee did a great job. We even got an award for "cutest trunk." I basically brought all of Josh's Yankees bedding downstairs and set it up in the trunk. I had 2 pumpkin pails filled with candy, one for those who favor the Rockies and one for those who favor the Red Sox. I even wore my 2000 World Series (as you may recall the Subway Series) hat and shirt as I dressed up as a "Yankees fan from the Year 2000." The kids were adorable. Sam balked at the Dr. costume, maybe because he just woke up from a nap as we were leaving? But he did let me put on a skeleton shirt so he and Matty kind of matched.
2) Those wondering about the ticket: Went to town court on Wed. For a mere 3 hour wait, I was able to have it reduced to 0 points and have the fine reduced by $50. I am now much more careful now about making complete stops at stop signs. So grateful Mark took Wed. off as the letter said, "Be prepared to stay all day." Yikes!
3) I want to be a reader again. My 2 books are Austenland and the latest Nicholas Sparks book. Note I said reader, not a serious reader.
4) Best family moment of today: Cutting out paper bats with the kids to hang on the windows of our family room! We had a good time. They had been begging me for more Halloween decorations. What, the little display on the piano was not enough? We also put up some Halloween school projects from years past that I had saved and they drew a few pictures. Once again, no need to overthink things.
5) All those who are local who have finished all 3 Stephenie Meyer books, identify yourself! We want to have lunch next month to discuss them more! Wendy, great idea!
6) Mark is painting the kitchen as we speak. I am excited to have a better finish and better color (it was a little minty before). We are now beige. Thanks Mark!
Stay tuned for more points!

4 Comments:
Always love what you have to say. Thanks for doing this. Mom
I've read all three Stephenie Meyer books and would love to get together.
Those are the two books I want to read. We must be sisters!
every night i try to pick my fav moment of the day, it's fun to hear yours
Post a Comment
<< Home