Real life lessons from the Yankees
Here are some real life lessons we have learned from the Yankees this fall.1) The Yankees were 1 1/2 games behind Boston, really in reaching distance of winning the AL East. Rather than desperately pursue the Red Sox, they just concentrated on clinching the Wild Card title. Being the Wild Card team was good enough to make it in the playoffs. They just concentrated on getting done what they needed to and didn't worry about what the other teams were doing.
Life lesson: Sometimes I'd like to do more, to acheive more, but sometimes good enough is fine too. And also, stop comparing!
2) Two everyday players--Melky Cabrera and Robinson Cano--were having kind of lackluster seasons. They started working out with Alex Rodriguez and doing the things he does everyday, extra training, etc. They knew they had a great example right in their midst. These 2 players have become invaluable to the team.
Life lesson: There are a lot of great people I am surrounded by, and I hope to learn from them.
3) A rookie pitcher named Joba Chamberlin made healines this fall because one of the pitching trainers established a set of "Joba Rules" for using him in games. These are rules such as he can only pitch every other day, he can't come in relief in the middle of the inning, etc. As Joba has had successful outings, the rules have relaxed, and now Joe says they are going by pitch count to determine when he can play.
Life lesson: it's good to set some boundaries so you can perform to the best of your abilities. Don't overextend.
4) Joe gives everyone a chance to play. Only 2 regular starters were in last night's lineup.
Life lesson: I don't have to do everything myself, I can give the kids a chance to help me. So what if the bed isn't made how I would do it, they did it themselves and they are proud of it!
5) Enthusiasm is catching. After great plays, it's fun to watch certain players do their handshakes, jump up and down, tackle each other, etc.
Life lesson: Enthusiasm is catching!

4 Comments:
I love this, Kathryn!
This is great! Definitely important life lessons.
I love this list, and the lessons you've gleaned from it!
Go Sox!
Post a Comment
<< Home