A review
Well, I thought of writing a review of HSM2 but that will have to wait for another day. Although, I liked the first one better as it was less materialistic, Gabriella had a stronger role, and the sequel was a little mature. I did like meeting Sharpay's parents. They were funny. And I liked Ryan. Okay, I guess that is a review.But the real review is the new nail salon I went to yesterday.
I have gone to Salon A (not it's real name) for several years a couple times a year for a pedicure and an eyebrow wax. I like getting pedicures, but tend to still view them as for special occassions, such as right before a vacation, right before giving birth, the beginning of summer, etc.
I popped into Salon B right before vacation for a quick eyebrow wax since it happened to be right by the pet store I was buying 7 day fish food for (incidentally, the 7 day fish food did not work and we had a goldfish casualty when we were in Coronado. Now we have 2 new goldfish. Goodbye Bubbles, Hello Peachy and Creamsicle. They look identical but somehow Josh can tell them apart.)
Anyways, Salon B eyebrow wax was was $2 chepaer than salon A. So I decided yesterday to try Salon B for a pedicure. Note: this was not a special occassion, other than I had some birthday money and my toenail polish was completely disgusting.
I came in about 40 minutes before closing. I noted that while the pedicure was $17 and the manicure was $8, if you got the mani-pedi, it was $20. So I thought, well, that's like getting manicure for $3. So I went ahead. I picked my colors pretty hastily-red for toes, light pink for nails. Unlike Salon A which is smaller, Salon B has about 8 workers and 4 pedicure chairs. They wasted no time going to work. While I was in the pedicure chair, I had the manicure done. Now normally, I am all about efficiency (remember my mom calls me quick and dirty), but for the occassional pampering experience, you really want them to take their time (and scrub off all the dead skin on your heels!).
Since I was done so quickly, I had time for an eyebrow wax. In salons that I have been to (which is really just A and B), it's typical for the owner or manager to do the waxing. As she finished my eyebrows, she said, "Lip wax?" And I said, no, I never had one before. She said, "You need one." Well, okay. I couldn't say no since I am now paranoid that I am growing a mustache. Let's just say Lip Wax=Immense pain.
Next time, I will go back to Salon A. A couple more dollars for a better experience. In the end, I always seem to get what I pay for.

3 Comments:
i am giggling at the 'um okay' cos i would have done the same thing.
so do you have to get lip waxing done all the time now? will it grow back thicker? keep us posted- can we special request photos on a weekly basis? were you all red and swollen?
I am the same with mani/pedi but wait for my mom to come with me after the baby when i want the pampering MORE.
Too true! Why is it that always seems to be the case when all I really want is a bargain? And by the way, they just wanted to sell you more wax -- you don't have a 'stache. They would tell a hairless albino that she had a mustache if it meant 5 more bucks!
I was just going to say the same thing - I wax/thread/mani/pedi regularly and they always try to "upsell" - you don't have a hairy lip!!
Sorry it wasn't as relaxing as it should have been - bummer.
Post a Comment
<< Home