Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Broken

I think my pinky toe is broken, again.

I rammed my flip-flop clad left foot into the door of the bathroom. Lots of swelling and bruising. It was just a dumb accident, I can't even tape it to the next toe because someone is pulling the tape off (Sam). It's twice the size it was this morning. No shoes fit except for the flip flops I was wearing when it happened.

This is kind of putting a damper on some plans. It's a busy week. I don't have time to sit down.

But it felt so good to do that this afternoon-- I just sat with the kids. No cleaning or straightening, no rushing off here or there, just some sitting and reading and some quiet.

I guess this happens every 10 years or so. I had first a broken toe in eighth grade gym class. Then I broke my toe on our honeymoon in Kauai, slipping on a rock. That was 9 years ago. And now today.

3 Comments:

At 6/20/2007 8:42 PM, Blogger liz said...

ow that stinks! how random that it keeps happening. I hope it feels better soon. glad you got a break, though.

 
At 6/26/2007 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many times have I told you to wear shoes :) (Couldn't you hear Grandpa Baer in that statement?) So sorry about the toe. Feet pain is so awful. So glad everything else went well.

 
At 7/27/2007 5:48 PM, Blogger Natalie C. said...

Oh you poor thing. I know this was a while ago, hopefully it's feeling better. But I wear Payless Airwalks in the house religiously because I have heel spurs & can't walk barefoot. But I have saved myself more pain from that!! Mom's comment above is very true. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home