Monday, May 21, 2007

Why I love where we live

One reason I love where we live is it's diverse. We know all kinds of people from various ethnic and other backgrounds.

We have several Japanese friends. Last week, Josh had one of his friends over. His mom supplied us with a Japanese snack when we picked him up from school. When she came to get her son after the playdate, she brought Caroline some origami and showed her how some of them changed when you folded them different ways. We can barely communicate because her English is limited as is my Japanese. But we can communicate since we both are moms just trying everyday to do our best for these children.

2 Comments:

At 5/21/2007 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too LOVE living here because of the diversity. Growing up in California it was diverse, but after having been in Utah the last three years I really missed it. Don't get me wrong, I loved Utah, but you just don't get the mix of backgrounds like you do here. I am also so glad to have made many Japanese friends here. After living in Tokyo for two years it's so fun to reconnect with the culture. Just curious, what was the Japanese snack?

 
At 5/22/2007 6:23 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

I miss all of my Japanese friends, they really are so warm and giving, almost to a fault. They are the best friends to have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home