Planning for the bunnies
These are the two bunnies that visit our front yard daily. We used to have just one bunny, who we named Cottontail. But seeing two bunnies now which makes me think we may be seeing some baby bunnies as well. Yikes!
So far they have not done any damage really, maybe eaten some tulips. The kids love them and love to spot them on the lawn. But in planning for the big annual planting, I had to research what plants bunnies don't eat.
Here's my list:
daylilies
begonias
marigold
vinca
geranium
zinnias
sweet allysum
So these are the plants that we got at Home Depot (except zinnia which will we plant from seed.)
Tomorrow is planting day. I hope it all works out! And while I like the bunnies, I really hope they don't eat my flowers!

4 Comments:
I'm growing zinnia from seed right now too! We must be sisters. Some of them have sprouted, some have not. But I love it. I love watching the things I plant grow. Gardening is fun (unless you have a lot of weeds, then not so much).
Have Mark trap them and then you can have rabbit stew.
I can't wait to see your gorgeous yard!
cuuuuuuuuuuute! WAY better than the bees that would visit your grass in your old back yard huh?
;-) Remember what a panic new mom I was the first time I came over with Zane! I just laughed out loud at myself with that memory....
I love your photos posted this week- I know you have a ton keep 'em coming!
Post a Comment
<< Home