Monday, April 30, 2007

Food morphing

The other day I was taking home some pasta salad from a friend's house. I said, oh, I will put this with some chicken and there's dinner. Another friend who has one small child said something like she hadn't had enough experience to see how food can morph into other forms. I thought, yes, I have made enough meals for my little family that I can take an item and morph it into something else.

Here are some favorite morphs (or using food items in different ways than you originally purchased it for).

Pasta salad
Put with chicken tenderloins marinated in balsamic and you have dinner.

Ripe bananas
Make a smoothie with ice, frozen berries, juice and yogurt

Pesto sauce
Make pesto pizza--spread cream cheese and pesto on a pita. Top with Mozz. and Parm. cheese. Bake for 8-10
minutes. Great appetizer or lunch.

Potatoes
Make potato soup if everyone is tired of baked potatoes

Lowfat graham crackers that no one likes to snack on
Make them into a crust

1 Comments:

At 5/04/2007 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love when I can food morph! Saves time and doesn't waste leftovers. I'm now craving a good pasta salad after reading this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home