Kitchen tools

There are two kitchen tools I use every day that I could not live without.
1) Kitchen shears. I never knew about these until Mark brought a pair with him into our marriage. He had several kitchen items from his bachelor pad days and this was one. (Others that we still use to this day are a sandwich grill, a hand mixer, and an awesome set of 70s style corelle dishes which we still use for kids everyday!) I bought a second pair so one would always be clean. I am using them constantly, to cut up kid's food, cut up raw meat, cut pizza, cut herbs, cut romaine hearts, flower stems, etc. If you have not discovered the joy of kitchen shears, I promise you won't be disappointed!
2) Tongs. These are great for corn on the cob, tossing salad, taking out your boil in the bag rice, I even used them dishing up spaghetti noodles last week. I love tongs.

4 Comments:
The best use for the scissors is cutting up mini pancakes or Eggo waffles. Much better than a knife and fork.
i am a convert to kitchen shears thanks to my husband too, although he'll be the first to tell you that i cringed when i first saw him using scissors(not the kitchen variety) on raw chicken, but now i am a believer
Cutting pizza with shears is the best and only way!!!!
I love kitchen shears too! I first learned how to use them for raw meat--and just about everything else on my mission to Korea. The housewives there usually have great knives, but surprisingly enough, I saw them use their scissors far more (in sometimes shocking ways!) than they did their knives.
Post a Comment
<< Home