Saturday, April 07, 2007

Inside my makeup bag

I got a recent issue of In Style Magazine at CVS. There is always a feature about "inside a makeup bag". This time it was Elliott from Scrubs.

Just for the curious, here's what's inside my make-up bag.

I love to wear makeup. It's not something I spend a lot of time (about 5 minutes) or money on, but there are a few key items that I wear regularly and enjoy applying. I also spend a few extra dollars and go to the Clinique counter. Their products are great and last a long time. If I time it right, there's a bonus and that's a great time to check out new products and get travel sized items.

1) Superpowder double face makeup in matte beige. This is a great way to wear powder. I don't like to wear foundation or concealer, and this gives great, complete coverage.

2) soft-pressed powder blusher in pink blush.

3) My absolute favorite right now: touch base for eyes in nude rose. I was worried this was going to be too pink, but it's perfect. A great way to wear color on your eyelids. I much prefer my finger to apply eye color instead of a brush or wand. You can wear this by itself or under eye shadow.

4) For a newer, softer look, I chose kohl shaper for eyes in blackened pewter instead of black. It comes with a sharpener. I prefer pencil type eyeliners rather than roll-up ones.

5) black mascara--right now I am using high impact mascara from a previous Clinque bonus.

6) I really don't like lipliner or lipstick, so I am into lipgloss right now. I have a few I like, Body Shop High shine lip treatment, neutrogena moisture shine lip soother in shimmer, Clinque glosswear for lips in air kiss.

2 Comments:

At 4/10/2007 8:22 AM, Blogger liz said...

I LOVE touch base for eyes- i have canvas- it really does keep well all day long and is nice to apply. lasts me years!

love clinique. I would have guess your are a clinique girl! ;-)

 
At 4/10/2007 11:25 AM, Blogger Jenni said...

oooooh, i always love good make-up suggestions, i always get in a rut and keep the same make-up around that I have had since college! good post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home