A Mix Tape
One of the hallmarks of friendship in High School was making a friend a mix tape. Of course in the days before CD's, this was difficult. You had to cue up your cassette player to the exact place, oh you know the drill.iTunes has made this much easier. Mark made me a CD of songs from our courtship and gave it to me the night he proposed. He also made me a CD last summer for my birthday. I loved them both! Thanks Mark!
My darling sister Chrissie sent me a CD yesterday in the mail, called "Songs that remind me of Kath" I put it on when I was cleaning out the refrigerator today. It was so fun to listen to. She managed to find songs from every era our our lives...young childhood (Just an old-fashioned love song by Paul Williams, one of my mom's records), Mamas and the Papas (from drives through Nevada) and a couple of songs from my very first record "Beauty and the Beat" by the Go-gos that I got for my 10th birthday. She put a few favorite songs from high school as well, including "Back on the Chain Gang" by the pretenders, "king for just one day" by Thompson Twins, "no one ever is to blame" by Howard Jones, and "right by your side" by the Eurythmics.
I was laughing and crying listening to it! Thank you so much Chrissie. You made my day! My favorite part was dancing with Matthew during "Can't stop dancing!" (was that from Solid Gold?)
Now go make a mix tape for someone you love!

4 Comments:
that is an awesome idea! I love it. It totally got me thinking about what I would make for my sister
wham, mariah carey, the monkees, rick springfield, pearl jam...
along the same lines, my sister got me a whitney houston cd one year for my birthday- it was to replace the first casette I ever bought.
Can't Stop Dancing is actually from Mom's Captain and Tenille record. That one always gives me a good workout! I'm so glad you liked it. It was fun to put together!
I did this for my Valentine this year, and Islands in the Stream was included, you know it.
I always LOVED mix tapes! Making them and receiving them. Your songs were some of my favorites. I have a feeling we were in high school around the same time! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home