I need back up
Last Tuesday night was horrible!We were having a rough spot where several children were crying and couldn't be soothed. We had a showing and a tantrum during it. We had a late dinner. It was a rough night.
I felt like getting out a walkie-talkie and calling for backup. Just like they do in police shows. "Adult with fresh arms and new ideas needed at Kathryn's, immediately!"
My backup doesn't get home earlier than 6:30, but I am so relieved when he comes home. Since he doesn't have to put in as much face time, i.e. be physically sitting at his desk, he can tie things up at the office, come home for bedtime and work into the night if neccessary from our home office.
The kids listen for his key in the lock. "Daddy Daddy Daddy!" They shout and run from whatever corner of the house they are in to find him and smother him with kisses and hugs. Even Sam lights up when Dad comes in from work.
My other backup is Peggy. I am so relieved she said she'd come for moving day.
My other other backup is great friends in the area. It's so nice to help each other out.
If you need some backup, just give me a holler.

4 Comments:
i miss my back-ups in ny, such lovely people, i know i am a better mom because of the back-ups
Yes. Kathryn, you've been my backup so many, many times. I've appreciated it.
Call me for backup anytime. Honestly, I would have loved a call Tuesday night! You are great to always help me out.
You have been my back-up many times. This time, call me. I'm there for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home