Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow on Valentines!

Well, this is quite a storm (not by volume, but it's just a bit nasty) and I talked with all the teachers and we are having our festivities at school tomorrow.

The kids were begging to go out in it (while I was talking to my sister on the phone of course.) So I got creative. Let's fill up a bucket with snow and bring it in the kitchen. We put it in a rubbermaid tote, made roads and an airport, painted the snow with watercolors, did a couple of science/melting experiements, made somewhat of a mess, had hot chocolate, and now they are settled watching Toy Story. Phew! I should clarify that being a California-raised girl means playing in the snow is no fun for me.

We are having a good day and it's really nice that we can't go out since that means no one is going to come see the house today and that is a good feeling. I can relax and breathe. But please come tomorrow and on the weekend.

When we got married, we chose a date that would make our half-anniversary on Valentines. This has ended up being a great thing. Mark and I have not been together on our summer birthdays or anniversary for a couple of years since I end up staying in Utah and he flies home to NY to work. We celebrated on the halfs-instead. Happy half-anniversary Mark!

Don't be jealous, but dinner's in the crockpot and my valentine doesn't work late tonight and he and I can watch an all new episode of Lost!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home