Sunday, February 11, 2007

Snow on Valentines?



So I am torn.

We are supposed to have MAJOR snow on Tues. night going into Wednesday.

I have not one, but two class parties to prepare for on Wednesday. If we have snow on Wed., will the parties be on Tues. or Thurs. or not at all?

Do I have the kids' Valentines ready for them to take in on Tuesday, which means buying candy tomorrow (since I knew I could not buy it previously or else it would get eaten, mostly by me.) If we have a snow day on Wednesday, will the kids even want to exchange on Thursday if they haven't exchanged on Tuesday? I do have the Valentines, so that's good, including the sweetest Thomas ones for Matthew to give to his preschool class.

To the teachers of my children: This is what we should do. Let's have everything ready for Tuesday. Let's have a snow day on Wednesday. And do teachers want Valentines? Is a card sufficient, or should I get you something else too?

I really wish I could be in charge.

How could a forecast cause me so much grief?

Is anyone else thinking about this? Maybe I won't be the only crazy mom at CVS tomorrow!

4 Comments:

At 2/11/2007 7:37 PM, Blogger Mumsy said...

Hilarious.

I think it's going to happen. School will either be canceled or they will have a delay. We're due. Everyone's been waiting for one. They have snow days built into the schedule. I'm guessing they'll probably do whatever they were going to do in the classes on Thursday, if that happens.

 
At 2/12/2007 4:13 AM, Blogger Allysha said...

It's not really going to snow. And at last check, it was only a few inches that could possibly fall.

I just don't believe that it snows here, anymore. It's just one of those myths, an urban legend...

But it's good to be prepared. We're doing Valentine's for FHE. (Two birds with one stone!)

 
At 2/12/2007 1:11 PM, Blogger Denise said...

I've decided to look at it this way: If it doesn't snow (or snow enough) kids will have the parties as planned and we will be business as usual. If it does snow and we have a snow day...Hurray! These darling girls are always at school and I hardly ever see them anymore. We could make sugar cookies (Rebecca's recipe of course) hug and kiss a lot, play games, and celebrate that we are a family who love each other and never get enough time together. Either way, the day will be about love.

 
At 2/12/2007 3:44 PM, Blogger Natalie C. said...

Ugh! I hadn't thought about the teachers! Oh the misery of trying to sort that out tomorrow in the supposed snow storm...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home