Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Notes to self, volume 2

I don't know if anyone wants to hear about the "all-consuming to me sale of the house," which there are plenty of notes to self...Here's "really, what's on my mind."

1) Set some goals. Saturday, my goal was "movies, shopping, lunch" I had to be creative, but I accomplished it. Shopping with Caroline to Gymboree. Picked up Easter dress and cardigan. Lunch with Josh and Caroline at TGI Fridays. Normally, I would not go there as I have had several bad service experiences over the years. However, J and C thought it was great fun. And it's a place where the kids meals are actually reasonably priced, about $3.50 each. Music and Lyrics is a great movie, esp. if you are a Hugh Grant fan.

2) Stop DVRing Sell This House. This is actually a new favorite, obviously since we are in the process of selling our house, but quite addicting. It's on A and E. Tanya (pronounced like Tania) and Roger travel the country helping home-sellers fix up their places. It involves lots of paint, flowers, candles, window treatments, lighting, bowls of fruit, etc. but it has some fun ideas and I can watch an epsiode in about 15 minutes. I skip the parts with the open house comments and hidden cameras. Just makes me feel to sorry for the sellers. They have six epsidoes on Sat. in case you are interested...

3) Living with less is more. I lreally like how my house is after we removed the clutter and hired Erika to clean. I am on my 3rd bottle of Fabuloso. I hope I can remember this when we move. I am thinking garage sale in late March...any neighbors want to combine with me? Maybe instead of getting a new house, I should have removed the clutter and cleaned really well....too late now.

4) Go to the bowling alley when it first opens when you are on winter break. Then you might not spend $15 in arcade games and have an hour wait. However, the kids have fun no matter what!

5) When you ruin your third cell phone because the water bottle in your bag spilled, learn not to carry that water bottle at all. Acutally the first was ruined when Matthew chewed on it on the way home from the airport years ago. So I have really only ruined two this way. Luckily, Mom just replaced her phone and was upgraded. I got an upgrade as well. Order online or by phone instead of going to the store and you'll save a $36 activation fee. You may have to be really forceful when you talk to the operator in India, but I got what I wanted. (not spending over $30, not adding another line, no bells and whistles.)

Please share any notes to self--we may all benefit!

3 Comments:

At 2/28/2007 1:47 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I'd love some help with my house every so often. Would Erika mind you giving me her number? Everyone I'm referred to is already booked up, so she may not have time but it's worth a shot.

I am glad to hear I'm not the only one with numerous ruined cell phones. My current one is hanging on by a thread after a dunk in water. Occasionally people can't hear me, but I'm trying to make it last as long as possible!

 
At 2/28/2007 2:35 PM, Blogger Natalie C. said...

Very cute notes to self. :) I'm so proud of you for goal #1- movies, shopping, lunch (and also the bowling experience)! I've been having a hard time finding a way to do things that I enjoy during the recent past few stressful years of parenthood. In my old ward, I had friends who helped me do that. This ward... sigh. Not so much. So one of these upcoming Sat.'s, I'm going to make that my goal, too. Movies, shopping, lunch. Love it! : )

 
At 3/09/2007 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Let me know if you decide to do a garage sale...I might have some things!
Tawni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home