Cherry Blossoms

Nothing says spring to me more than the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C.
Actually, I don't know if I have a more favorite place in all the world than the Tidal Basin in Washington, D.C. at Cherry Blossom time.
I was lucky to live in DC for 4 years. One year I went at all different times of day, early morning, late afternoon, evening, etc. It's just a beautiful, gorgeous sight to behold.
The Tidal Basin area has a lot of fond memories for me. It was at the FDR memorial that Mark and I got engaged!
This year it's not in the cards for us to make a trip down there, but I'd love to go next year and show my kids one of my favorite places in all the world.

2 Comments:
have you been to the cherry blossom festival at the brooklyn botanical gardens? i hear it rivals that of the one in dc. that may be a good day trip for you...i hear they have lots of great activities for the kiddos etc. i was planning to go one day...and then i moved!
We lived about a 3 minute walk from the Botanic Gardens when we were in Brooklyn, and went there weekly. The Cherry Blossom festival there is great - worth checking out.
Post a Comment
<< Home