Timing
Since we moved, and returned back to school after Spring Break, I spent this week figuring out those exact times that I need to leave my house to get to a certain destination.7:10 a.m.--time we take Mark to the train
8:16 a.m.--time we leave to walk to school
8:20 a.m.--time to leave if we drive to school
2:52 p.m.--time to leave to walk to pick up the kids from school
6:15 p.m.--time to pick up Mark from the train
8:20 p.m.--time to start watching the 8 p.m. show I was DVRing
I think after a week, we've got it down.
I thought it would be hard to take Mark to the train. He was so independent before. But we actually really like it. I figured the only thing that had to be done before going to the train was that Mark and I both had to be showered and dressed. Anything else that happens before we leave is helpful (like having breakfast or any kids getting dressed.) It's nice to start the morning as a family, as opposed to Mark just slipping out when he needed to leave. And since we are all early risers anyways, it works out.
It's crazy, because other people must be on our times too. We always see our friend's dad walking to the train. The same guy walking his dog when we are headed to school, the same neighbors walking to school...
Also, in a desperate need for TV to watch on Tuesday nights (oh, Gilmore, what are we going to do? I can't stand reruns!), I have finally started watching American Idol. I protested for so long mostly because of Simon. But then all this publicity about the crazy hair guy picqued my interest. So now I am watching! I really like it! I am a Melinda fan.

4 Comments:
I started watching American Idol for the first time this season. I mostly DVR it and skip through it, watching a little of each person's song and hearing the commentary. I am a Melinda fan, too, and I also like Jordan. Don't know if you are into CSI, but I started watching that on Tuesdays as well (CSI:NY). - Angela
You run things so well, I love that you shower and dress before leaving the house. I take the kids to school in my pajamas because it is winter and I can cover up with my coat - what will I do when Spring really arrives??
I had the same dilemma and now Melinda's my favorite too.
Oh yay! An American Idol convert! :) I for some reason love that show & a few other reality shows. I actually like all the singers on there right now except for Chris. And I have a big crush on Blake. So far. But I could change my mind next week. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home