Friday, May 25, 2007

a reunion

So Memorial Day always brings me back to my days in Washington, D.C. All the kids in the Colonial Ward (our single adults ward) would get together and rent beach houses in Duck, NC. This was the highlight of the year. In fact, as Mark and I started dating long distance (he was in NY and I was in DC) he asked me out for Memorial Day and I turned him down because we had great plans to go to Duck. It was several months later before he asked again, but look it all worked out...

Anyways, Duck was a definite highlight. We'd all drive down and spend 3 days on the beach and hanging out.

A few days ago an evite came into my mailbox. A colonial Ward Reunion is planned for October!! Happy Day! I can't wait to see all the friends I have lost contact with. Everyone come!!! I can't wait to meet your spouses and your children.

Colonial Ward had its issues of course (which ward doesn't) but it was a great place to spend some fantastic years before I got married. I had some of the best friends of my life in that ward.

Enjoy your long weekend, dear readers!

1 Comments:

At 7/27/2007 5:57 PM, Blogger Natalie C. said...

Kath, I'm so looking forward to seeing you and your beautiful family! Yay, yay, yay!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home