IKEA run
We picked up Mark from the train station, fed him, and then sent him off to Ikea to purchase a bed for Matthew.The Hemnes Bunk Bed Frame. This was out of stock when I went there last month. I called today and they said they had 4 left.
This is a good bed for us. The bunk bed has 2 frames that can separate. One will be for Matthew, who is currently cramped in a borrowed toddler bed and has develolped some strange sleeping patterns. Our hope is a bigger bed will be more comfy for our sweet little guy who has a tendency to sprawl. He's been falling asleep on our bed and then we transfer him. The other bed frame will go in Caroline's room until Sam is ready for a bed (maybe not until age 3 or so. I like cribs.)
When Sam is ready for a bed, we can stack up the bunks or keep them seperate. Matthew can sleep up top by then.
The last time we tried to acquire a specific piece from Ikea it took several trips and several friends looking out for us. Anyone remember the quest for the Levsvik shoe rack? It matched our hat rack and was just perfect. We still use it today.
Ikea has provided us with many pieces of furniture over the years. It continues to please. But when we buy our real furniture for the living room, I think I will step it up a notch.
An Ikea just opened in Draper. The news reported that there were people camping out, huge crowds, etc.
Tomorrow night Mark will assemble Matthew's bed. Then we'll bring out Josh's old bedding (from before his Yankees bedding--a quilt with a triangle pattern that was the inspiration for our sailboat-themed little boys room) and Matty will be all set for lots of slumbering, one can only hope!
Sweet dreams!

1 Comments:
After talking to you yesterday I am excited to go to IKEA! I know I'll need so many little things for the new house, and for most I will not want to spend a bundle. I loved seeing your house. What a perfect house with so much great space! Let me know how the bed works out for Matthew.
Post a Comment
<< Home