Highlights
Week one: CoronadoBest pool: Loew's
Best outing with 2 oldest: Seaport Village via the ferry
Best beach excursion: hunting for baby sanddollars
Best view: Ocean from top of Point Loma
Best date: dinner at Sheerwater at the Del followed by fireworks on the beach (thanks Mark for arranging that!)
Best show: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at Lamb's Players Theater
Best shopping: Sam and I going to the art store for a print of Coronado
Week 2: Salt Lake City
Best milkshakes: Shivers on 33rd South
Best family night: Red Butte Gardens
Best idea that didn't take off: Lemonade stand
Best outing of the week: Discovery Children's Museum at the Gateway
Best memory: Josh's birthday party with his cousins: mini-golf, batting cages, pizza at the park
Best swing: Aunt Julie at the batting cages
Best girls' night out: Mimi's Cafe and Hairspray with Chrissie
Best historical outing: Temple Square
Best Matthew-ism: Loving a baby boy doll at the Church Museum of History Children's room
Best rolls: Lion House
Best DVDs I hadn't seen: Dreamgirls and the Queen
Week 3: Salt Lake City
Best idea that got rained out after arriving at destination: Cookout in the Canyon
Best Utah grocery store item: Grandma Sycamore's white bread
Best Pioneery thing we did: Candy cannon at This is the Place
Best petting zoo: This is the Place (goats, sheep, etc.)
Best friends to share dinner with: Deb and Mary Ann
Best belated birthday present: From Julie (but I can't tell cuz Chrissie's getting one too!)
Best train: Heber Creeper with Grandpa
Best nature outing: Walking around Silver Lake at Brighton
Best reptiles: Toadally Frogs at Utah Museum of Natural History
Best home fireworks show: Uncle Bill and James
Best homemade ice cream: Aunt Liz (vanilla) and Aunt Jennifer (strawberry)
Best garden vegetables: Tim and Karen
Best Matthew-ism: I had a dream that I was in a hippo
Best flowers: Zinnias!
Week 4: Salt Lake City/Utah County
Best idea to come for the weekend: Mark
Best attempt to replicate something close to home: Salt Lake Bees game
Best bonding: Cousins at Lagoon
Best ride: Rattlesnake Rapids at Lagoon
Best catching up: Michele at Cafe Trio and Bilinda and Carol at my Mom's house
Best indoor picnic: Aunt Julie
Best outdoor pool: American Fork on a cloudy day--not very crowded
Best thing someone should replicate in New York: Kangaroo Zoo (large indoor A/C space with lots of inflatables!)
Best missionary homecoming: Mom!
Best adult family dinner: Harvest at Thanksgiving Point
Best redecorating: Chrissie
Week 5: Utah County
Best sports camp: BYU All-sport camp, Josh and 3 cousins
Best babysitter: cousin Olivia
Best extended family moment on my side: Lunch with Emilee and her parents
Best BYU moment: Walking from Bean Museum through DT to the Creamery with Deb and kids
Best place to eat 2 nights in a row: Cafe Rio
Best missionary homecoming: Susie
Best sacrament meeting: Mom and Susie reporting
Best idea that was hard to implement but rewarding: Have 2 parties 2 days in a row!
First Runner up: Big Family Picture
Second Runner up: Photo of 5 baby boy cousins under 15 months in matching outfits
Week 6: Bear Lake
Best guacamole: Julie
Best silly moment: Family dance party
Best anniversary moment: Walk at sunset at the marina
Best at laughing at himself: John B.
Best book: Twilight
Best raspberry shakes: Quick and Tasty
Best games to play with the adults: Team scattergories and big booty
Best games to play with the kids: Concentration, Red Rover
Best thing to try for the first time: Waverunners
Best at juggling 2 kids 16 months apart: Stephen and Jenny
Best surprising place to take a newly returned sister missionary to spice up her wardrobe: Seagull Book and Tape (downeast basic shirts) Runner up: Old Navy
Best farm lunch: Joyce's BLT's and roasted vegetables that we picked an hour before

8 Comments:
Ooooh, I miss Grandma Sycamore's Bread. What a great way to recap 6 weeks! Sounds like you had a great time.
I loved your recap of all of your events. You really had a lot going! So glad I was part of some of it. Miss you and the kids. Love you.
Each week sounded like so much fun. What great memories you made! You made me homesick for Utah! Haven't done a lot of those things, and will have to check them out next time I'm there. Glad to have you back!
Best Part for Me: Being with Kathryn anywhere doing anything. Mark
Thanks for the props Kath. It's easy with two easy kids.
great summary fresh off the trip! I missed your blogging persona.
1) Matthew's dream is my fav! In a Hippo, totally cracked me up
2) what?! Susie and your mom are back?! didn't they just leave?! Has that much time really passed? I remember talking to you about it when they were going.
3) I didn't know other people played big booty.
4) nice work getting your whole family together to see so many relatives, what a summer they will never forget!
5) i was wrong, i don't have my baby upon your return afterall. helloooooo castor oil.
What a fabulous trip and perfect recap! Glad you had such a great time!
I'm getting homesick already just reading this! I wish we'd been there at the same time. Looks like you had so much fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home