Sunday, August 19, 2007

Back from the West

Well, we made it back without incident.

But I am finding myself a bit overwhelmed! We have painters and plumber coming this week, plus unpacking and reorganizing and back to school shopping! AAAH!

Luckily I have an escape.

Maybe some of you have heard of Twilight?

This is a young adult fiction book written by Stephenie Meyer. She's LDS, but the book is not LDS. In fact, it's a romance between a human and a vampire who are high school seniors.

I was so engrossed I spend 2 days furiously reading my sister-in-law's copy--staying up late and getting up early. After heading to the grocery store last night to restock our fridge and pantry after 6 weeks, I went to our local borders and bought Twilight (so I could reread it more carefully) as well as the 2nd volume New Moon and the last installment Eclipse, which just came out this week.

So if you are looking for a last summer read, I highly recommend this trilogy. I can't wait to get back into it!

We had a wonderful vacation. Everything went so well. The kids adapted tremendously to each new situation. Many fun times with friends and family. Look forward to some pictures and highlights soon. I just couldn't wait to tell you all about Twilight though!

4 Comments:

At 8/19/2007 11:21 AM, Blogger Becca said...

Ooh, I love this series!! There is supposed to be a 4th one too at some point. Can't wait! I feel like I need to reread the first three again! They are so good you can't put them down, but then again you don't want to finish!

 
At 8/19/2007 12:18 PM, Blogger laura said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're back. It was great to see you at Church today with all your blonder-than-ever kids. Missed you!

 
At 8/19/2007 8:18 PM, Blogger chyayn said...

Welcome back...it was fun seeing you at church:) HEY! I want your books when you are done with them...I am on the waiting list at our library...my sister was here a few weeks ago and went ON AND ON about them so I went to the library last week and said I WANT IT!:) I need one more good read before school starts!

 
At 8/20/2007 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny... I've read the first two and am going to borrow the third from a friend this week. It's almost embarassing that I'm so into teenage books about vampires, but I am.

There was a article about her and the books in the Wall Street Journal a few weeks ago. Eclipse was the top selling hardback fiction... it replaced Harry Potter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home