Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hauling it Home

I always seem to acquire a lot of things when I am in Utah. Then I have to find a way to take them home.

My most unusual thing to carry on the airplane was pumpkins from my father-in-law's garden. When Matty was a baby, he and I had traveled to Utah in Mid-September for a wedding, and it was pumpkin harvest time. I brought home 3 good-sized pumpkins for the kids to have as well as a bunch of gourds.

Last summer I bought all my school supplies in Utah because a big-box retailer was having a big sale with boxes of crayons for like 19 cents.

This year, I went shopping at the party store for luau birthday supplies while in Utah. So I had those to bring home.

But the kicker was that I was bringing home "river stones". I bought a beautiful container of river stones that would look perfect in my newly redone master bathroom. (before and after pictures coming next week after the final finishing touches are done.)

Mark was a little overwhelemed the night we were preparing to leave with the amount of stuff we had to schlep from SLC to JFK and then to long-term parking. He was worried about the weight of the suitcases, and that we would get charged many dollars if they were too heavy. "You want to bring home 10 pounds of ROCKS!?"

I was very clever and divided my river stones into six ziploc bags and put one in each suitcase.

Turns out, our suitcases were overweight, not solely due to the rocks, but it didn't really matter since Mark is silver medallion on Delta and the skycab informed us you can have up to 75 pounds per bag...

3 Comments:

At 8/30/2007 8:20 AM, Blogger Liz said...

well kathryn, you never told us your husband was silver medallion! all this time and we never knew. ;-)

 
At 8/30/2007 4:40 PM, Blogger SaraColorado said...

Hi Kathryn. I love your site and reading about what's happening in your life. Wanted to let you know that I added you as a "friend" on my new blog spot... www.saracolorado.blogspot.com

Take it easy and keep in touch friend!

 
At 9/04/2007 5:06 AM, Blogger Mumsy said...

I always stock up on toiletries from Target. I know it's stupid because I can get the same things here--but saving that dollar or 50 cents is worth it!!

This time I brought a bunch of new G's and a load of my grandmother's jewelry home. I had to leave two pairs of shoes behind to make room.

I can't wait to see your new bedroom!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home