Notes to Self, volume 3
1) When discarding of 4 large jack-o-laterns, it's best to use a seperate garbage bag for each one, or perhaps a maximum 2 pumpkins per garbage bag. You may not want to put them all in the same garbage bag, that was already filled with stryfoam peanuts. Your bag might rip open, spill on your front steps, and all the peanuts fly out 10 minutes after your lawn people left.2) Don't get too excited when you hear a message saying, "You won the door prize at the school fair." When I called back, they asked if I would come get it. "It's some sports books." Well, how bad can this be? It could be some children's sports books that everyone in our family might like. Up for grabs: The Art of a Quarterback by Joe Montana, the autobiography of Marcus Allen and the best one Sharks among Dolphins, the remaking of the Miami Dolphins.
3) Next year when disposing of candy, (thanks for all the strategies), remember to just save one milky way for daughter. Life will be much easier.
4) Reminder that while daylight savings time does make bedtime easier (they are dropping like flies!), the mornings are still early.
5) After years of picking up puzzles, today I finally designated one ziploc bag to put all stray puzzle pieces. Then if you are doing a puzzle and missing a piece, just head to that bag, and hopefully you will find it.

4 Comments:
I love how practical you are, Kathryn.
Sorry about #1.
I like your puzzle idea. I wish I had thought of that years ago!
I'll take the Joe Montana book...
Sorry, about #1, but the way you wrote it made me crack up! I am throwing mine out in Monday's trash. Thanks for the heads up!
Post a Comment
<< Home