Am I done yet?
Just left, one class party, a house to clean, and a major trip to the grocery store. I so wanted to go to bed at 9:30 last night after I had been to the mall, wrapped gifts for Mark's co-workers, had the kids finish their cards for their teachers, talked with my other class mom as we forgot to get something for the student teacher in the classroom, wrapped gifts for Josh's friends (and their siblings...Mom, we are having a gift exchange--oh, when do you have time to plan all this Josh? Must be on the kickball field) but stayed up until 11:30 rolling out the sugar cookie dough I made the night before. I used my new mini cutters and now we have dozens of tiny cookies to frost and decorate today. Oh, add decorate cookies with the kids to the above list. I told Mark it was actually quite theraputic. I made rows and rows of tiny cookies.It's a good thing I did so much early as the majority of my week has involved holding Sam as he is still suffering from the affects of an ear infection in both ears and has been very grumpy and clingy. Did I mention it's 5:37 a.m.?
And it's a good thing Grandma will be here tomorrow with her fresh and loving arms!
Oh, it's the process I am supposed to enjoy. Mark says I just power through things, while he prefers to enjoy the process of things more.

3 Comments:
I hear you....I was up all night with Quinn and various Christmas/Primary/packing projects. Sometimes it's really hard to enjoy the season. Can't wait to see you....the kids are bouncing off the wall!
Sometimes the only way to get it all done is the power through! Merry Christmas!
It still beats the munch and mingles!
Post a Comment
<< Home