I'm sad
I am sad about President Hinckley.I was asleep in bed, when Mark woke me to tell me the news of his passing. I cried for a while until I drifted back to sleep next to a croupy and feverish Matthew.
I was touched yesterday when I read on ksl.com of youth in Utah wearing their Sunday best to school on Monday as a tribute to President Hinckley.
I had the opportunity to meet him once at the Washington Temple Visitors Center. I was in line to shake his hand with Bill, Jacquelyn and Will. He shoke my hand and looked right in my eye and said, "Nice to see you." So tender and sincere. When Mark and I were dating, we saw him speak at Madison Square Garden. And we'll always remember the day he dedicated the Manhattan Temple.
The world just doesn't seem as nice of a place without him in it. I loved reading his biography several years ago. I am grateful for all he did.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home