Tuesday, January 22, 2008

some reviews from the Weekend

I had taped Persuasion on Masterpiece on PBS. It's part of their 6 week Jane Austen experience. I recently watched it and I really loved it. Ann was amazing. The characters she has to be around are just as annoying and awful as in the other movie. It was short, only 90 minutes, so a lot of scenes were cut. I didn't even miss them (mostly since they involved the Elliots--definitely less is more with them). I loved the ending....loved loved loved the ending.

Mark and I went to the new local restaurant. It's been completely redone...it's a totally different place than before. Very warm and inviting inside, fireplace, open kitchen, lots of beautiful iron work. It was nice. I have to say we aren't the best orderers (neither of us are real foodies), but what we had was good and hearty.

We went to see 27 Dresses. I can't say it's the best romantic comedy I have ever seen, but I found it entertaining. Mark was definitely outnumbered, lots of girls and teenage girls too. I looked around and felt some solidarity with other women who were with a date or their husband. Like we did well because our guy would take us to a girly movie!

I was happy with what we did with the kids over the weekend. The big kids had Friday off, so we played a lot together while Matty was a preschool, then went on a great outing to a nearby Children's museum. Sat. involved lots of running around to various activities. We spent Monday afternoon with wonderful friends and had a fabulous time together. I really tried to throw out my own agenda and focus on making the kids happy and it worked well.

It's nice to feel like you've had a mini-vacation, in your own home, in the depths of January!

4 Comments:

At 1/22/2008 10:45 AM, Blogger Denise said...

I thought that was a good Persuasion too.

 
At 1/23/2008 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was the good restaurant?

 
At 1/25/2008 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We didn't like the last kiss. It took forever!

 
At 1/25/2008 7:04 PM, Blogger Angela said...

What a nice weekend. Don't you love those ones that feel like you got away from it all? You are a super mom. Good reminder for me to forget my own agenda and focus on happy kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home