Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My newest obsession

It's collecting metal die cast cars from the movie CARS!!! This has got to stop. We got a couple for Christmas from Grandma and a couple more for Matthew's birthday from Grandma. Monday, I bought an 8 pack--Dinoco 400--to reward Matthew for getting a certain number of stickers. (I bought this mostly because it had a green Chick Hicks.) One sticker for each time he goes...5 stickers for a car. It's worked beautifully. Well a second trip to Target today resulted in me buying another 7 Cars (of course to save for Matthew). Now that he gets it, will have like 10 stickers for one car. But I am on a quest...I want Mater, Luigi and Guido! Help!

4 Comments:

At 2/28/2008 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have Luigi & Guido. They came in a three pack with a cow tractor! I got them at Target just before Christmas.

Ben fell in love with these at a cousin's house this past fall. The cousin had them ALL including a new Mater (blue, from the old days).

Good luck!

 
At 2/28/2008 8:36 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

We have about three dozen or so (maybe more and I'm in denial). We bought them first for Sebi because they were some of his first words. He gets them for rewards too (1 car is 20 points). Now he has Flo's V-8 cafe, Ramone's body shop, the Mack Truck bachelor pad, and the Cars playmat. They get a lot of use. But I still haven't bought the 8-pack because he has over half of them already. We really want the Chick Hicks pit-crew-helper-dude (I can't remember his name). They are addicting!

 
At 2/29/2008 9:02 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Don't feel too badly. We're all going through it. The only thing we have more of is Thomas. Matthew got the blue Lightning McQueen for going potty the first time in the toilet. Red McQueen was lost at church last week and Matthew reminds us that he is down one. I suppose the next trip to Wal-mart will remedy the situation. Chick Hicks was purchased online (at a premuim of course) at Christmas due to local unavailablity.

 
At 3/08/2008 12:52 PM, Blogger Natalie C. said...

Oh I did the same thing with GeoTrax train sets. :) I even joined the Yahoo Group just for GeoTrax fans. So sad! I bought this book someone published with all the possible layouts for the trains. Chris thought I was nuts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home