Friday, February 22, 2008

We love the Met

Spotaneously we headed down to the City for an afternoon at the Met with some good friends. It was great. I was a little intimidated to be without Mark with four kids at the Met, including one in a stroller and one who has a hard time staying close, but it was amazing. It was a good day to go since it was free for Family Week, it was cold outside and there were lots of other kids there too.

We started with Egypt and took a good look at lots of mummies. The kids were fascinated. We found our way to Arms and Armour. Josh said he wanted to see the paintings so we headed upstairs to 19th Century European Paintings which is my favorite place in the Met. We enjoyed looking at Van Gogh, Monet, Renoir and Degas. We ended at the gift shop and picked up a couple of treasures.

The Met is one of my favorite places in New York. I've had some very memorable times there--including a trip with my brother where we stumbled upon the Roof Garden which I absolutely love. Mark and I went on a great date night prior to Sam's birth. Josh and I had a wonderful time going with a school group when he was in Kindergarten. One things for certain, just ask, and I will always say yes to going to the Met.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home