Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Do something good for yourself!

Mark's coworker introduced us to Catalog Choice. It's a website that lets you opt out of receiving catalogs.

Today (the day before recycling day), I took out my stack of catalogs I stashed away and in about 10 minutes, my name was removed from 11 catalogs! I was surprised I even had 2 of the same catalog in my stash that I had been collecting for a month. The reason you need to create a stash is because it's much easier if you have your customer number and source code from the catalog. It was super easier and felt great.

I also can be a time waster with catalogs...I'd rather sit down with a book, a magazine or a kids' book (or the scriptures or conference talks, etc.) So, 2 problems solved at once.

Here's the website: http://www.catalogchoice.org/

Oh one company wasn't listed in their search engine. So, I emailed their customer service and said please remove my name and within a few minutes got an email back saying they would. Yeah!

1 Comments:

At 5/20/2008 10:26 AM, Blogger karen said...

Kath,

You can also join greendimes.com and they'll remove you from other junk mail lists as well as catalogs. It's cut down on our waste pile immensely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home