Wednesday, May 14, 2008

In no particular order

I lost my calendar. And I felt lost. I think it might have gotten thrown out with the recycling. Long story. But it was horrifying because I had written in everything until the last day of school so I could recycle all the papers I no longer wanted to hang on to. So, if I don't show up to something, it wasn't because I didn't want to be there. I can't remember anything without writing it down.

I did finally get a new calendar. I printed out some blank sheets, but it wasn't working for me. Thank you Target--you still had some 2008 calendars left. So, I am back in business as of today. The calendar also serves as a little journal of what we've done through the week and I've kept all my calendars for the last few years. Ask me what we did any day from 2000 on and I can tell you (after looking it up). Luckily the one I lost I was only using since January.

Mother's Day was fantastic. The kids brought home all sorts of fun cards and projects. I had a nap! I bought some new capris! Thank you Mark and kids for making me feel so special.

We went to see a Jazz Ensemble from a famous music school perform at our school. They asked for a volunteer to improvise with this 5 piece band. Josh was chosen and played piano with the band for about 5 minutes. It was awesome. They ended with "When the Saints Go Marching In." I said, josh, don't you know how to play this on the piano? And he said, yes and the trumpet too. I told the teacher that organizes these evening programs that I am her groupie. I will come to whatever she puts on, they are so well done!

1 Comments:

At 5/29/2008 5:53 PM, Blogger Susie said...

It sounds like Josh will be a very talented musician! What a neat experience for him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home